About Blogging Successfully:
What is it? – Blogging Successfully is an education and information site run by me, Katie Hornor
For Whom? – I teach midlife women entrepreneurs to expand your influence and to make money online.
What will I find? – Our trainings concentrate on the areas of business building, social media and #relationshipmarketing.
Who is Katie Hornor?
I am a 30-something wife and mother of 5, an educator, missionary and an expat.
We've been living in Mexico for 10 years and we LOVE it here!
We came to Mexico as missionaries, but were never able to reach a fully funded status.
After a ministry change in 2011 left us with even less promised donation support, we realized that we'd need to create a way to bring in a stable income on our own if we wanted to continue to live and minister here long term.
It was quite a stressful experience, never knowing from one month to the next how much would come in, or from where.
But with a passion for the family, for homeschooling and a master's degree in Education, we got busy meeting the need in the Latin American world for quality homeschool materials in the Spanish language.
It was many, many months of late nights, hard work and persistence, but the wonderful thing about building a curriculum and a blog to support the families using it is that this expanded our overall ministry reach, as well as helped to pay the bills.
We published our first set of curriculum, launched the Lemonhass® and the Paradise Praises websites, started attending and speaking at both blogging and homeschool events in 2012, and never looked back. In fact, I remember telling my husband, Tap,
When we get to the place that this business earns a good income apart from ministry donations, I am going to teach others how to do this so they can experience the incredible freedom that comes with income stability as we have.
Blogging Successfully (originally ComoBlog) and The Blog Connection opened our doors in 2015 as way to make good on that promise.
Our online income has grown by 30% or more each year since 2015 (as has our ministry reach). We've self-published over 40 titles in curriculum and educational resources as well as numerous courses in the last five years. And we have been sharing our online business knowledge, strategies, and victories at Blogging Successfully for your benefit, helping hundreds of women in our bloggers membership and private coaching program move their blog from hobby to online business, just like we did.
The Best Part About Owning a Successful Business
The best part about owning a successful online business is not just the income. In fact, my definition of success doesn't even have a $ price tag included. The best thing is that it gives us the freedom to do what we know we've been called to do, a ministry that brings us joy and points others to our Savior, and it gives us opportunities to invest in the lives and victories of so many other people. As your teacher, your victory is mine and it is such a joy to see YOU successful.
Investing in our marriage and in our kids is important too, and we love that we're now able to take one or all of them when we travel to retreats and events, giving us quality relationship time, as well as instilling in them a love for the work and for serving others.
As you read through the site, and follow our podcast and social media, you'll learn that I also love books, elephants, historic homes and palm trees. We are currently restoring a 250 year-old home in the historic, coastal town of Campeche, Mexico, where we have a coffee shop, open daily, and where we host some of our retreats. I have to pinch myself daily to be sure it's real. Such a dream come true.
So Here's Where I Get Personal…
What about you?
If you haven’t started an online business yet, don’t worry, you’re not alone and you’re not too late.
If you have a blog or have been blogging for a while without seeing any monetary return, don't give up. You can see an income from it. Get in touch and let's talk about how that can happen.
Here are 3 options for what to do next:
- Join our exclusive email training. Every email is packed with value. I give out all my best advice on business building, marketing (your own or affiliate products) and social media for FREE inside that training. I hope you'll subscribe. You can do so by clicking here.
- Our bloggers membership full of resources and live trainings is waiting for you to join us.
- Check out the private coaching I offer to a limited number of clients each month,
Making money with blogging is not a magic trick or fast and easy accomplishment, and it may not even all come from one source. But it is so much easier when a friend who's done it walks along side. I didn't have that in our first years in business, but I'd love to be that friend for you.
If you're still here, Thanks for reading this! I can't wait for you to join me and our community of 40K+ other aspiring and existing business owners!
Press Mentions & Interviews
- Reclaim Your Freedom with Shirley Dalton #100: Why and How to Blog Successfully & Grow Your Business
- Your Online Genius Podcast
- Christian Entrepreneur Summit 2018
- Work at Home Success Virtual Summit 2018: Email Marketing Success
- Mike Kim's Brand You Podcast #131: Keys to Blogging Successfully with Katie Hornor
- Liz on Biz Podcast: Make Money with Your Blog with Expert Katie Hornor
- Digital Nomad Mastery Podcast: On Expat Life and Multiple Income Streams with Ricky Shetty (video)
- Couple Money Podcast: How to Simplify, Start a Business, and Live Abroad with Katie Hornor
- Personal Profitability Podcast: How I Run My Business From Mexico
- The Robert Plank Show: How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business (podcast)
- The Balancing Act Podcast: A Homeschool Mom Turns Hobbies into Income Streams
- The Money Making Blog Summit 2017
- Clothed in Scarlet Podcast: WAHM Success Story: An Interview with Katie Hornor
- 3 Blogger Monetization Lessons from Facebook’s Branded Content Policy Update – ProBlogger
- WAHS Expert Tips: How to Stay Motivated On Your Work-At-Home Journey – Work at Home Success
- 5 Tips for Cross Promotion with Other Businesses – Dream Fearlessly
- Why I work with a Virtual Assistant (6 Biz Owners Share) – Horkey Handbook
- Email Marketing Best Practices: 30 Tips from the Pros – Fit Small Business
- 11 Ways to Build Your Brand Online – CIO.com
- Facebook Branded Content Policy Change and What it Means for Bloggers – The Huffington Post
- Katie Hornor – Founder and Editor-in-Chief
- Tap Hornor – President and Tech
- Starla Jimenez – Social Media VA
- Premier Executive Media – Sponsored Content Coordinator
- Cathy Canen – Contributing Writer
- SEO Audit Guide – SEO support
Other Sites in myPortfolio
- ComoBlog.com – blogging education for Spanish speakers
- KatieHornor.com – speaker page
- ParadisePraises.com, a women’s inspiration blog & online shop
- Lemonhass.com – a Spanish site providing homeschool materials, support and encouragement to Spanish speakers worldwide
- TravelTheYucatan.com – a niche travel site dedicated to the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Join our exclusive email training course!
No spam, just helpful articles and proven strategies.