About Blogging Successfully:
Blogging Successfully is an education and information site run by Katie Hornor, founder of TheBlogConnection.com, and contains additional information and trainings in the form of blog posts and podcasts to help you build your business systems, expand your influence and to make more money online. Our trainings concentrate on the areas strong #relationshipmarketing, content, connections and cash flow.
Who is Katie Hornor?
I am a 30-something wife and mother of 5, an educator, leader of a movement, and an expat in Mexico for the last 11 years.
We came to Mexico as missionaries, but were never fully funded.
After a ministry change in 2011 left us with even less promised donation support, we realized that we'd need to create a way to bring in a stable income on our own if we wanted to continue to live and minister here long term.
It was quite a stressful experience, never knowing from one month to the next how much would come in, or from where.
But with a passion for the family, for homeschooling and a master's degree in Education, we got busy meeting the need in the Hispanic world for quality homeschool materials in the Spanish language.
After many, many months of late nights, hard work and persistence, Lemonhass.com is now the leading homeschool curriculum for Spanish-speaking families, and the only Spanish language literature-based homeschool curriculum in the world. The business, as well as speaking at online and real life events has expanded our overall ministry reach and catapulted us to a place of leadership in the movement.
How we grew:
2012: We published our first set of curriculum, launched the Lemonhass® and the Paradise Praises websites, started attending and speaking at both blogging and homeschool events, and never looked back. In fact, I remember telling my husband, Tap,
When we get to the place that this business earns a good income apart from ministry donations, I am going to teach others how to do this so they can experience the incredible freedom that comes with income stability as we have.
2013: A year of learning, implementing and hard work.
2014: We set a 2 year goal of hitting our full-time income minimum.
2015: We started The Blog Connection and ComoBlog.com as way to make good on that promise to teach others how to find freedom in sharing their message and earning online.
2016: We hit our 2-year minimum full-time income goal, co-hosted our first two events for bloggers, and bought our colonial home in Mexico to begin restoring.
2017: Rebranded Como Blog to Blogging Successfully, started the For Your Success podcast and hosted two more events for bloggers.
2018: Opened a local coffee shop in Mexico, multiplied our business income by 600% and hosted three events for bloggers and the first ever Spanish language online homeschool conference.
Since we started, we've self-published over 40 titles in curriculum and educational resources, a complete homeschool curriculum for Spanish speakers, and numerous courses. We have been sharing our online business knowledge, strategies, and victories at Blogging Successfully for your benefit, helping thousands of women just like you in our Blog Connection membership, retreats, and private coaching program move their blogs from hobby to online business, just like we did.
The best part about owning a successful business
The best part about owning a successful online business is not just the income. In fact, my definition of success doesn't even have a $ price tag included. The best thing is that it gives us the freedom to do what we know we've been called to do, a ministry that brings us joy and points others to our Savior, and it gives opportunities to invest in the lives and victories of so many other people. As your teacher, your victory is mine and it is such a joy to see YOU successful.
Investing in our marriage and in our kids is important too, and we love that we're now able to take one or all of them when we travel to host our semi-annual Blog Well retreats and attend other events, giving us quality relationship time, as well as instilling in them a love for the work and for serving others.
As you read through the site, and follow our podcast and social media, you'll learn that I also love books, elephants, historic homes and palm trees. We are currently restoring a 250+ year-old home in the historic, coastal town of Campeche, Mexico, where we have a ministry coffee shop, open daily, and where we host some of our retreats. I have to pinch myself daily to be sure it's real. Such a dream come true!
How can I help you turn your message into a movement?
What about you? Most people who land on this site fall into one of the following categories:
- You haven’t started an online business yet (Don’t worry, you’re not alone and you’re not too late.)
- You have a blog or have been blogging for a while without seeing any monetary return. (Don't give up. You can see an income from it.)
- You are making some money but you want to do more. You want to create course and training materials and really lead a movement.
Here are 3 options for what to do next:
- Our Blog Connection membership (TBC) is the safest way to get help. It's full of resources, a great community, and twice monthly live group trainings for a low monthly fee.
- Our Mastermind groups are more intimate than the TBC with weekly interactive video calls to address your specific issues with growing your business.
- Taking it to the next level may mean higher level coaching. I do also have a limited number of private coaching clients each year.
Making money with blogging is not a magic trick or fast and easy accomplishment, and it may not even all come from one source. But it is so much easier when a friend who's done it walks along side. I didn't have that in our first years in business, but I'd love to be that friend for you.
If you're still here, Thanks for reading this! I can't wait for you to join me and our community of other women entrepreneurs just like you!
Press Mentions & Interviews
- SocialMediaExaminer.com 2018-present
- HomeschoolBlogging.com, 2018-present
- HomeschoolGiveaways.com, 2018-present
- School for Start Ups Sindicated Radio Show with Jim Beach
- The Your Voice podcast with Kay Helm: Blogging Successfully
- The Money and Media Podcast #46, with PT Money: Driving Blog Traffic and Growing Community with Pinterest, Instagram, and Messenger Bots
- Reclaim Your Freedom with Shirley Dalton #100: Why and How to Blog Successfully & Grow Your Business
- Your Online Genius Podcast #17: Ways to Make Money with Your Blog
- Brand You Podcast #131: Keys to Blogging Successfully with Katie Hornor
- Liz on Biz Podcast: Make Money with Your Blog with Expert Katie Hornor
- Digital Nomad Mastery Podcast: On Expat Life and Multiple Income Streams with Ricky Shetty (video)
- Couple Money Podcast: How to Simplify, Start a Business, and Live Abroad with Katie Hornor
- Personal Profitability Podcast: How I Run My Business From Mexico
- The Robert Plank Show: How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business (podcast)
- The Balancing Act Podcast: A Homeschool Mom Turns Hobbies into Income Streams
- Clothed in Scarlet Podcast: WAHM Success Story: An Interview with Katie Hornor
- FinCon Expo, September 2018
- Blog Well, Florida, September 2018
- Homeschool Unschool Pachuca, June 2018
- Blog Well, Dallas, June 2018
- Christian Entrepreneur Summit 2018 with Paje Rey
- Work at Home Success Virtual Summit 2018: Email Marketing Success
- BlogWell Mt. Airy, January 2018
- The Money Making Blog Summit 2017
- Blog Well, Harrisburg, September, 2017
- Katie Hornor – Founder and Editor-in-Chief
- Tap Hornor – President and Tech
- Starla Jimenez – Social Media VA
- Cathy Canen – Contributing Writer
- SEO Audit Guide – SEO support
Other Sites in myPortfolio
- KatieHornor.com – speaker page
- ParadisePraises.com, a women’s inspiration blog & online shop
- Lemonhass.com – a Spanish site providing homeschool materials, support and encouragement to Spanish speakers worldwide
- TravelTheYucatan.com – a niche travel site dedicated to the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
- ComoBlog.com – blogging education for Spanish speakers
Join our exclusive email training course!
Weekly emails containing helpful articles and proven strategies.