About Blogging Successfully:
Since moving to Mexico with my family 13 years ago – I've learned quite a few profound things about success in life and business. With that knowledge, I've helped entrepreneurial leaders, just like you, grow from merely sharing a message to being leaders of entire movements.
I've guided a wide array of women in making the leap to movement leader via blogging, speaking, publishing books and creating courses. From helping so many dramatically grow in confidence, impact, and income, I’m widely known as the “movement maker” and to my Legacy Builder™ members, encourager and personal mentor.
It's no secret that I have a huge soft spot for hispanic families the world over. My husband and I founded, and still run the leading homeschool curriculum company for Spanish speaking families (Lemonhass®) with the world’s only Spanish language literature-based curriculum.
I often speak at conferences around the globe, including my own Retreats, and produce the For Your Success podcast in my quest to directly serve and influence at least 10,000 entrepreneurs a year.
Recently a mentor pointed out that it's kind of a big deal that…
- I started out with no loans, credit cards or debt and grew the business to full time in less than 5 years as a self-taught entrepreneur.
- I live, created multiple businesses in, and lead a movement in another language in another country.
- Our ministry (through business) impact is now worldwide.
Most importantly to me – if you're someone with a message that will change someone’s life and their descendants lives forever – then you owe it to yourself to check out
- My Amazon best sellers”Faith Like Flamingos: The Christian Business Guide to Walking Out Your Faith in Bold Color” or my Christian memoir “In Spite of Myself”
- The Legacy Builders™ community
- And our FREE Course Creation Cheat Sheet – an incredible, step by step guide to get your course created
The book that’s had the biggest impact on my business is “The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino. And my biggest pet peeves are when people say, “I can’t….” instead of “How could I ….?” and when someone speaks on relationship marketing, but then has an assistant answer emails for them. Relationships run businesses and build movements my friends. And movements change history.
What movement is in you?
How we grew:
2012: We published our first set of curriculum, launched the Lemonhass® and the Paradise Praises websites, started attending and speaking at both blogging and homeschool events, and never looked back. In fact, I remember telling my husband, Tap,
“When we get to the place that this business earns a good income apart from ministry donations, I am going to teach others how to do this so they can experience the incredible freedom that comes with income stability as we have.”
2013: A year of learning, implementing and hard work.
2014: Thanks to encouragement from Pat Flynn, we set a 2-year goal of hitting our full-time income minimum.
2015: We started The Blog Connection and ComoBlog.com (both now obsolete) as way to make good on that promise to teach others how to find freedom in sharing their message and earning online.
2016: We hit our 2-year minimum full-time income goal, co-hosted our first two events for bloggers, and bought our colonial home in Mexico to begin restoring.
2017: We rebranded Como Blog to Blogging Successfully, started the For Your Success podcast and hosted two more events for bloggers. We created the Doing Business, with God™ course.
2018: We opened a local coffee shop in Mexico, multiplied our business income by 600% and hosted three events for bloggers and the first in history Spanish language online homeschool conference.
2019: We founded Handprint Legacy with Capacitación Homeschool and Successful Online Courses as our two flagship courses helping others leave their mark on the world to positively impact future generations! Our 2nd annual online homeschool conference for Spanish speakers reached 5,045 families from over 60 countries, and led to the start of the Club Lemonhass membership for homeschool moms. We spoke on 18 stages.
2020: We published Faith Like Flamingos (our 7th best-seller) and closed The Blog Connection, giving way to Legacy Builders™ and our Queens Mastermind programs.
Since we started, we've self-published over 50 titles (including 7 Amazon best-sellers) in books, curriculum and educational resources, a complete homeschool curriculum for Spanish speakers, and numerous courses. We have been sharing our online business knowledge, strategies, and victories at Blogging Successfully for your benefit, helping thousands of people just like you via our membership, retreats, and private coaching programs move their blogs from hobby to online business, and grow their income so the impact of their message can grow, just like ours did.
The best part about owning a successful business
The best part about owning a successful online business is not just the income. In fact, my definition of success doesn't even have a $ price tag included. The best thing is that it gives us the freedom to do what we know we've been called to do, a ministry that brings us joy and points others to our Savior, and it gives opportunities to invest in the lives and victories of so many other people. As your teacher, your victory is mine and it is such a joy to see YOU successful.
Investing in our marriage and in our kids is important too, and we love that we're now able to take one or all of them when we travel to host our semi-annual retreats and attend other events, giving us quality relationship time, as well as instilling in them a love for the work and for serving others.
As you read through the site, and follow our podcast and social media, you'll learn that I also love books, elephants, coffee, my cat, historic homes, palm trees and ocean views. We are currently restoring a 250+ year-old home in the historic, coastal town of Campeche, Mexico. I have to pinch myself daily to be sure it's real. Such a dream come true!
How can I help you turn grow your income and impact?
What about you? Most people who land on this site fall into one of the following categories:
- You're thinking of starting a blog/online business to get your message out (Don’t worry, you’re not alone and you’re not too late.) Start here.
- You have a blog or an online presence but are frustrated that you're not seeing any monetary return. (Don't give up. You can see an income from it.) Check out Legacy Builders™
- You are making some money but you want to do more. You want to create course to multiply your time freedom, income and impact. Start here.
- You need higher level coaching. I do also have a limited number of private coaching clients each year and sometimes have new openings in our Mastermind program. Find out more here or message me.
Someone out there NEEDS your message. And you NEED to make money in order to keep giving it. Making money online is not a bad thing, but neither is it a magic trick or fast and easy accomplishment, and it may not even come from one single source. But it is so much easier when a friend who's done it walks along side you. I didn't have that in our first years in business, but I'd love to be that friend for you now.
If you're still here, Thanks for reading this! I can't wait for you to join me and our community of other faith-based entrepreneurs just like you!
Join our free Facebook Community here:
Press Mentions & Interviews
|Ask Pat Live, (min 28)|
- For Your Success – a lifestyle legacy business podcast
- Educación Sín Escuela – homeschool topics
- Pregunta a Katie – Answering our audiences' homeschool questions
- Educando en el Hogar – precursor to Educación sin Escuela
- La Tercera Conferencia Mundial de Homeschooling, online, Sept 2020
- Pachuca Homeschool & Unschool Conference, Mexico, June 2020
- Blog Well Retreats, 5 locations, March-April, 2020
- Business Moms Summit, online, April 2020
- Blogging Breakthrough Summit, online, Feb 2020
- SHIFT Con, Atlanta, October 2019
- La Segunda Conferencia Mundial de Homeschooling, online, October 2019
- Blog Well Mastermind Fall Retreat, September 2019
- Pachuca Homeschool & Unschool Conference, Mexico, August 2019
- Social Media Week Lima, OH, June 2019
- 2019 Homeschool Moms Conf, online, May 2019
- Cafe Moms Homeschool Event, online, April 2019
- Multicultural Homeschool Moms Conf, online, April 2019
- Blog Well Mastermind Spring Retreat, March 2019
- Conferencia Querít, ladies Spanish-language conf. online, February 2019
- Best Year Moms Conference, online, January 2019
- La Primera Conferencia Mundial de Homeschooling, online, October 2018
- FinCon Expo, September 2018
- Blog Well, Florida, September 2018
- Homeschool Unschool Pachuca, June 2018
- Blog Well, Dallas, June 2018
- Christian Entrepreneur Summit 2018 with Paje Rey, online
- Work at Home Success Virtual Summit 2018: Email Marketing Success, online,
- BlogWell, Mt. Airy, January 2018
- The Money Making Blog Summit online, 2017
- Blog Well, Harrisburg, September, 2017
- Faith Like Flamingos: The Christian Business Guide to Walking Out Your Faith in Bold Color! (
- (Amazon Best Seller 2020, Bible Study Guide coming May 2020)
- Faith Like Flamingos: The Christian Business Guide to Walking Out Your Faith in Bold Color! Audio Book (2020)
- Live Bold Journal (Amazon Best Seller, 2020)
- The Blog Well Quarterly Planner (Amazon Best Seller, 2017)
- The Blogger's Guide to Leading a Movement (Amazon Best Seller, 2018)
- The Blogger's Guide to Blog Speak
- The Blogger's Guide to Getting Started
- The Blogger's Guide to Vision Boards
- The Blogger's Guide to Getting Things Done
- The Blogger's Guide to Seasonal Marketing
- The Blogger's Guide to Affiliate Marketing
- The Blogger's Guide to Guest Posting
- The Blogger's Guide to Weekly Email Success
- Mi Dios Maravilloso, volumen 1 (coming 2020)
- Mi Dios Maravilloso, volumen 2 (coming 2020)
- The Omni-God, Volume 2(Amazon Best Seller 2019)
- The Omni-God: Knowing Who God is and What That Means for Me(2018)
- In Spite of Myself: How Intentional Praise Can Transform Your Heart and Home (Amazon Best Seller 2017)
- Melk, The Christmas Monkey: An Elf on the Shelf alternative (2nd ed. 2016)
- The Sing and Praise Planner(2016)
- Putting on the Spirit: Ten-Minute Devotions for Busy Moms, audio book (2016)
- Bible Activities Book(2015)
- Personal Praise Planner(2014)
- Melk, The Christmas Monkey: An elf on the shelf alternative (2014)
- Putting on the Spirit: Ten-Minute Devotions for Busy Moms (Amazon Best Seller, 2013)
- Vistiéndose del Espíritu (2013)
- The Omni-God, Volume 2 (Amazon Best Seller 2019)
- The Omni-God: Knowing Who God is and What That Means for Me (2018)
- Presidents of the United States Video-based Unit Study (2017)
- Kids Travel Calendar(2016)
- Spanish 1 Workbook(2015)
- Christmas Around the World(2015)
- Mexico Geography & Coloring Book, bilingual(2015)
- Bible Activities Book(2015)
- Guía de Maestro, Preescolar
- Guía de Maestro, Kinder
- Guía de Maestro, Primero (Historia/Literatura, Artes de Lenguaje, Ciencias, Estudio Biblico)
- Guía de Maestro, Segundo (Historia/Literatura, Artes de Lenguaje, Ciencias, Estudio Biblico)
- Guía de Maestro, Tercero (Historia/Literatura, Artes de Lenguaje, Ciencias, Estudio Biblico)
- Guía de Maestro, Cuarto (Historia/Literatura, Artes de Lenguaje, Ciencias, Estudio Biblico)
- Guía de Maestro, Quinto (Historia/Literatura, Artes de Lenguaje, Ciencias, Estudio Biblico)
- Guía de Maestro, Sexto (Historia/Literatura, Artes de Lenguaje, Ciencias, Estudio Biblico)
Spanish Language Educational Books
- Viajero del Tiempo (2013)
- Palabras Preciosas, Tomo 1 (2013)
- Palabras Preciosas, Tomo 2 (2013)
- Promesas Preciosas Tomo 1 (2013)
- Promesas Preciosas Tomo 2 (2013)
- Mexico Geography & Coloring Book, bilingual (2015)
- Educación Sin Escuela (2018)
- Los Niños Viajan, Calendario (2019)
- Tarjetas Abecedario (2019)
- Tarjetas Números (2019)
- Letras de Molde (2019)
- Cuando Yo Sea Grande (2019)
- Ortografía 3 (2019)
- Ortografía 4 (2019)
- Ortografía 5 (2019)
- Ortografía 6 (2019)
- Principios de Discernimiento (coming 2020)
- Mi Dios Maravilloso, volumen 1 (coming 2020)
- Mi Dios Maravilloso, volumen 2 (coming 2020)
- La Elefantita Rosadita by Shannon Mokry (2019)
- El Gozo de Escribir by Joy Bryant (2019)
- El Gozo de Escribir Cursiva by Joy Bryant (coming 2020)
Out of Print:
- Resurrection Day, An Easter Coloring and Activity Book (2015)
- Stress Relieving Praises in Paradise (2016, Adult Coloring Book Journal)
- Blog Like a Pro Planner (2015)
- Kids Travel Calendar (2014)
- Elephants Planner (2014)
- Divine Design (2014)
- Diseño Divino (2014)
- Loving You Long Distance (2013)
- Cómo Blog: 43 Tips for Startup Success (2013)