Call for Teachers
You are invited to submit proposals for general sessions at #BlogWellRetreats 2018 and 2019. Join influencers and sponsors as we explore the business of blogging and improve our ability to make money online.
#BlogWell Retreats are the perfect size (generally 30 people or less) for creating relationships,networking, learning and implementing.
We welcome proposals from sponsoring brands and influencers alike. We are not averse to new speakers, but do ask for examples of prior speaking experience. We are not looking for rock stars or hilarious entertainers, but patient, kind-hearted clear-communicators who delight to make others successful and who can make complicated things easy for their audience to understand and implement.
Our events are alcohol free. Our attendees are generally more conservative, and we ask our teachers to show professionalism and to refrain from using profanity, vulgarity, or crude language while representing #BlogWell Retreats. If you cannot speak without dropping F bombs, please do not apply.
Please submit your proposal using the form below no later than 6 weeks prior to the desired event. Please note that we will be accepting quality submissions as they are received so all spaces may be filled prior to that date. Submit your proposal ASAP.
What do I Receive as a Teacher?
- All teachers receive a full ticket to the #BlogWell Retreat and VIP day you are approved for. This includes meals, sessions and events hosted by our sponsors.
- All teachers receive mentions on our Retreat Information page.
- All teachers receive coverage from our event's social media outlets.
- All teachers are asked not to sell from the stage, but are permitted to add one (approved) promotional item or 4×6 card to the attendee gift bags.
- #BlogWellRetreats, Blogging Successfully and our sponsors will not be providing compensation, covering transportation, lodging or meals outside of meals that are provided to attendees.
- Teachers will be provided a special link for reserving their complimentary ticket to the retreat (and refunded their ticket if they've already purchased one).
Factors Affecting Proposal Selection
Speaker proposals will be selected based on
- Relevance to the audience
- Evidence of personal mastery
- Actionable implementation pieces
- Organization and preparation
- Teaching ability of presenter
- Willingness to be present and available to attendees for the entire event
The attendees are the heroes of our events. Teachers are the guides. It is of utmost importance that all teachers and event staff go above and beyond to ensure that attendees get more than they came for and leave feeling inspired, hopeful, and that they have advanced their business.
Our schedule allows for large chunks of un-designated time in which attendees can work, network or get mentoring or technical help as necessary. We expect our teachers to be available and willing to serve attendees in one on one or small group coaching/training during those times.
Presentation proposals for 45-60 minute sessions should contain the following information:
- Name and info for the presenter
- Professional headshot photo
- Professional bio
- Presentation Title
- Presentation Summary, including 3 main points and implementation actions attendees can make.
- Provide reasons why your topic should be presented at #BlogWellRetreats
- Provide details of any special equipment needed to support your presentation.
- List any other conferences where this material has been presented or will be submitted
#BlogWell Retreat Schedule
*These dates/locations are tentative until official ticket sales are announced.
- June 8-9, 2018, Dallas, TX
- September 24-25, 2018, Cocoa Beach, FL
- January 2019, Nashville, TN*
- June 2019, Twin Cities, MN*
- October 2019, Phoenix, AZ*
We Look forward to reviewing your application. If you have any questions, please email katie(at)bloggingsuccessfully.com
Join our exclusive email training course!
Weekly emails containing helpful articles and proven strategies.