Overwhelmed at the thought of how to plan 12 months of content? When we plan blog content quarterly we can create a cohesive promotional calendar, more quickly produce content and make better in the moment decisions. In today's show, we'll walk you through planning 12 months of promotional blog content!
How to Plan 12 Months of Promotional Blog Content
It's not as hard as it sounds. Katie makes it simple to decide what you're going to focus on promoting each month and then break it down into what content to create, when to create, when to publish and how to promote. Listen to the show or watch the video (below) and don't forget the free download planning page at the end!
Lay out Content Plan
- Lay out promotions for each month on your planning sheet (download below) or use the one in the Blog Well Planner
- Focus on the promotions for this quarter
- Plan out blog posts/podcasts/videos of several points each to promote this month's promotions
Set end Goals
- How many of these products/services do I want/need to sell?
- How many big pieces of content will I create?
- How many emails will I send? And to whom?
Make a Plan: Set Due Dates for Goals
- When will I release the content? And when will I create it? Add it to your calendar and daily tasks.
- When will I send the email? And when will I create it? Add it to your calendar and daily tasks.
- When will I do live videos (to go deeper on one point or share announcements, or do Q and A) When will I advertise/promote the live? Add both to your calendar and daily tasks.
Free Planning Form:
To grab the Year at a Glance Promotions Planning Sheet, enter your email below:
FREE Year at a Glance Promotions Plan
You're moments away from receiving this FREE planning sheet via email. Just tell us where to send it!
12 Week Year by Brian P. Moran
The Blog Connection – Katie's blogging membership