If you're in business of any kind, you have a target market, an ideal customer that you're trying to serve and/or sell to. How do you get inside that person's head and figure out what they need, what they want, how to help them be successful?
PARA LEER ESTO EN ESPANOL, IR AQUI.
Here is a list of 7 ways to get the answers you seek and increase your success in serving your target market.
- Ask them to submit questions – Get on social media, use your email list if you have one, ask questions or create a free survey with survey monkey, or set up a form on your web site like this one and point people there to respond. Offering a free download, a coupon code or helpful special report will sometimes increase the engagement on surveys.
- Track your links. – use trackable links, like bitly, when you share relevant content on social media and on your blog. Seeing the percentage of your audience who are following those links will tell you whether or not you are giving them things they are interested in, or whether you need to keep trying.
- Observe your audience on your own virtual property. – Use Google Analytics or another tracking system on your own site to see which pages are receiving the highest traffic, which titles or products people are coming to your for. You can also track outbound links. This will give you an idea of the kinds of things your audience is looking for.
- Observe your audience in their natural habitat. – Who is your ideal customer? Where do they spend their time in real life? Listen to their conversations, (real and social media) what do they talk about often? What are their struggles and frustrations? Can you offer a solution? Meet a need?
- Make affiliate offers. – Sign up to be an affiliate for products relevant to your audience and your niche (area of expertise). Tracking the success of those sales will also cue you in to what your target market wants. You can sign up be an affiliate for Como Blog and our products here.
- Conduct keyword research. – Use keyword tools like Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Brainstorm Tools, Wordtracker or Market Samurai, or hire someone from Fiverr to do it for you.
- Watch your competitors. – If you are doing research and tracking links and surveying your target market, chances are others in the same niche are doing it too. Watch what they do for ideas on how to serve your market better.
If you have any kind of online business, we would love for you to take our quick survey and tell us how we can help you more. It won't take more than 5 minutes. Click here!